How to disable unnecessary Startup items in the fastest way
By Renee | 04/Dec/2023
Many programs hook into your Windows Startup process and automatically load up each time you start your computer, making you wait to get a useful desktop while icon after icon loads into your system tray. For applications or services like antivirus or firewall, it is recommended to start in the first place. However, most of them just take up memory, CPU and waste time waiting for a usable desktop.
As always, it’s possible to prevent these programs from automatically starting. You can easily and quickly edit audit what’s running at startup and disable the things you want to manually start afterwards.
How to disable unnecessary Startup
Method 1 | Use MSconfig to Disable Startup Programs
If you use Windows 7 or earlier, you can use built-in MSConfig tool to disable startup programs.
1. To access System configuration, press Win+R on the keyboard to open Run program.
2. In the Run box, type msconfig and click on OK.
3. Click on Startup tab and you will be able to see all auto-start programs and you can uncheck any program that you don’t want to start when the PC boots.
Method 2 | Use Task Manager
Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 make it simpler to disable startup applications.
1. Open Task Manager by right-clicking on the Taskbar, or using the CTRL + SHIFT + ESC shortcut key.
2. Click More Details, switching to the Startup tab, and then using the Disable button.
Method 3 | Disabling Startup programs in Neptune SystemCare
The advanced free systemcare utility Neptune SystemCare also has a tool that allows you to disable startup programs. Actually, in Windows operating system, many services (including Windows default built-in services as well as 3rd party software or driver services) run in the background and consume lots of system resources. Among these services, some are essential and required by Windows to function properly but some services are unnecessary and can be disabled or set to manual start to save CPU resources and RAM.
It is hard to distinguish which is enabled to be disabled in Windows computer, but it is otherwise in Neptune SystemCare.
1. In Neptune SystemCare, click System Tuneup tab and then Startup Manager.
2. In Speedup Session, you can check Recommend off to disable the programs or services as it recommended as safe/suggested.
3. In the Startup session, you can disable the auto-start programs now.
4. In the Services session, you can disable the services safely because it embraces the Suggestion feature aside from the Operation button.
5. In the Records session, you can undo what’s been disabled by mistake.
After disabling all the unnecessary programs and services, you may be able to see a boost in the total boot time of your PC. Obviously, the advanced systemcare free tool has won the fastest and most convenient award among these three methods.