How to Fix SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED atikmdag.sys
By Renee | 22/Mar/2023
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED is the bug check message often with names like atikmdag.sys, nvlddmkm.sys, nwifi.sys, etc., which appears on a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). This blue screen error is mainly caused by outdated, incompatible or correctly configured drivers. Besides, a recently installed program can also result in the error.
Therefore, the solution to SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED atikmdag.sys is basically the same as that of system thread exception not handled, except for it usually means AMD Display graphics driver. If you get this error code, unfortunately, don’t be worried. Here are some methods to solve the error.
Method 1 | Uninstall the Recently Installed Program
If you can run your computer like usual after SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED atikmdag.sys, head to Programs and Features and uninstall the program you’ve recently installed. If you are not sure which program or services or startup cause the blue screen, you can perform a clean boot to troubleshoot.
Method 2 | Update Graphic Driver
1. From the Start menu open search box and type device manager to open Device Manager.
2. Find your graphics driver, right-click on it and choose Update Driver Software…
Method 3 | Check and Fix Faulty System Files
Corrupted system files can also result in SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED atikmdag.sys blue screen error and many other system errors. There are two ways to fix the errored files.
First one is to use CHKDSK command lines to identify and repair those errored system files:
1. Press Win + X on the keyboard and Enter, and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Type CHKDSK C: /F /R in the command line and press Enter.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen. Your Windows computer will reboot and find corrupted files in the system automatically, and you would better wait until it finished.
The second one is easier and more effective. Except for errored system files, Neptune SystemCare Ultimate also checkups computer health and fixes the problems to optimize and secure the computer with one click.
Method 4 | Enter Safe Mode
You can enter Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key when the power is on.
1. On the Recovery screen, click on the button See advanced repair options. Select Troubleshoot>Advanced options>Windows Startup Settings and Restart in order. Press F4/F5 to Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
2. And then follow Method 2.
If you still fail to repair SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED atikmdag.sys on your computer, please email us and describe your issues in details. We’ll try our best to help you.