How to speed up Windows 10 on your computer and laptop
By James W | 03/Mar/2024
We hate to admit that the performance of your Windows 10 computer would drop for a certain amount of time. In fact, it does not always to be this way. If your hardware is still “young”, that’s probably the software’s fault. If you are using Windows 10 and facing issue like this, then we would show you some tips on how to speed up Windows 10 on your computer and laptops.
Disable the Windows Tips
The Windows Tips pop-ups are not just annoying but really slowing down your Windows laptop sometimes, especially with less powerful CPU. To disable Windows Tips kindly:
1. Click Start and go to Settings.
2. Click on the System tab -> Notifications and Actions on the left pane.
3. Scroll to turn off Get tips, tricks and suggestions.
Then, you won’t see the tips and tricks from now.
Stop the Auto-running apps
Every time you turn on your laptop, there could be a considerable number of programs or service that load automatically without your notice. To stop their auto-running, you need to find them out first:
1. Right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager from the menu.
2. Find the Startup tab, click on it. You will now see the list of programs that load automatically.
3. Right click on the ones automatically running at startup and select the Disable option.
But you need to be careful with this. Do not disable the one you have no idea of, which could destroy the whole system running.
Tidy up your Desktop and your file
It’s always a great idea to keep your desktop clean and delete some files you would not use ever, helping both of your work efficiency and Windows 10 performance.
Remove the Unnecessary Software
You will find a lot of apps related to your laptop brand installed on your Windows 10 the minute you bought it. Actually, you remove most of these pre-installed apps directly without any third-party uninstaller.
1. Right-click on the Start menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Find Programs tab, click on Uninstall a program.
3. Choose any apps/program that you didn’t want. And follow the instruction.
Adjust System Appearance
Adjusting System appearance for best performance is also helping here.
1. Right-click on Start and select System.
2. Select the tab Advanced System Settings on the left panel.
3. Click Settings on System Properties dialog box, then you can tick Adjust for best performance option.
Disk Cleanup could not be outdated unless Microsoft changes the way Windows work.
1. From the Start menu, type Disk Cleanup in the search bar.
2. Follow the instruction to clean up for more space.
Neptune SystemCare would take care of all this to save you a lot of space and time. One Click PC Checkup and Fix could speed up your Windows computer in seconds. More than that, it is an all-in-one Windows PC utility and you could find more surprise when you are using it. Feel free to try on the seven-day trial.